Friday, September 4, 2009

sam 17

hi all

sorry ehrn i put up my story i put the un edited copy on here is the good one.

Monkey Mayhem

It was 1965 in the Amazon Rainforest. Russell the Monkey was playing on some vines in the Canopy. He was doing back flips and kicking all the coconuts out of the palm trees. As they fell to the ground, Russell saw that there was a cheetah right underneath the tree and in the way of the falling coconuts. Donk, Donk, Donk. 3 of the biggest coconuts hit the cheetah right on top of his head. Russell knew he was in trouble so he started to run away from the tree that the cheetah was climbing at a dangerous speed. Russell was all ready 5 trees ahead of the cheetah when it got to the top of the first tree it was climbing.

After 10 minutes of running Russell thought he would take a short cut.
“If I go this way, I don’t think that cheetah will fit through that hole.” The only flaw in Russell’s plan was that he did not know were the path led. But, without thinking of that, he pushed himself through the gap in the branches and ran off through the trees, towards the Inca Town.

‘I think I lost him,” said Russell while he tried to get his breath back. Then Russell turned around and looked at what was behind him. It was a whole squad of Inca hunters.
“Not good,” Russell said in a worried tone. All of the Incas looked really amazed. They had just heard a monkey say, “Not good”. A real, live, breathing monkey.
“Did that monkey just say something?” One of the strongest Inca warriors said in awe. “Even if it did we need to eat. Kill it!!!” said on of the other Incas.
Then all but one Inca ran at the monkey.

“Stooop!” shouted the one warrior who did not run at the monkey.
“This monkey is obviously a very rare monkey. We should let him live and run free,” said the warrior, John. The Incas did not listen to him they just kept on running after the monkey.
Russell did not know whether to run through the legs of the Incas and go to the man who was trying to help him or try his luck with the cheetah.

Russell had just made up his mind that he was going to try his luck with the cheetah when John picked him up and ran as fast as he could in to the forest.
“What are you doing? Why aren’t you cutting me up and eating me raw?” asked Russell “I think that you should be a free roaming monkey because I think you are a rare monkey. Am I right?” asked John
“I don’t remember ever meeting another monkey that could talk like me. I don’t even remember meeting my mother and father. So I think you might be right. I think I am a rare monkey,” replied Russell, sounding surprised.

After about an hour of running John stopped to take a breather.
“I think we’ve lost them,” said John as he struggled to get his breath back
“Thanks for saving me back there,” said Russell.
“Any time,” replied John .
“Since you think that I should be a free roaming monkey maybe you can help me get rid of a hunter that’s been chasing me for a very long time. For as long as I can remember in fact,” said Russell
“That will be fine with me but you will have to live with me for almost the rest of your life. When I helped you I betrayed my tribe. So now they will throw me out and treat me like an outcast for the rest of my life,” said John in a sad voice.
“I don’t think they will do that for all of your life, will they?” asked Russell.
“Yes they will. The only way they will respect me again is if I save the life of one of the tribe members,” replied John with a forced smile. “Anyway there is no knowing what will happen in the future, so there is no point worrying about it.”

John and Russell started to walk off when they heard a loud bang and a cry. They went to investigate the sound. When they saw it, they wished they had left a little earlier. There they saw a dead howler monkey on the ground with blood pouring out of a hole near his heart. There was a tall, skinny man standing over the dead monkey.
“Damn. Wrong monkey again. When will I get this monkey that can talk,” said the hunter “I will get that monkey or my name is not Ron Black the greatest hunter in the entire world,” said Ron in a large brave voice.

“Is that the hunter that has been chasing you Russell?” whispered John
“Yes. I think it is, but I have never seen him up so close.” replied Russell in a low voice “Come on lets get out of here before he spots us.” said Russell
“Too late he has seen me!!” shouted John.
John was right. Ron had seen them and he was now running back to get in his car. John had not seen the young, inquisitive Inca child that was hiding behind a bush watching the strange moving object. As the car took off, the young boy chased it and then when he was close he jumped in the back of the jeep.

John and Russell used their head start to their advantage and were now along way ahead of the hunter.
“Maybe we can make a trap so that when the jeep drives over it, it will fall in to a deep hole.” suggested John
“You know what? That’s a really good idea. We better get started on making it. I can dig really well so I will make the hole and you get some leaves or something like that to put over the top of it.” said Russell from inside a small hole. John did not reply. He was off finding a lot of leaves to cover the hole. With in a couple of minutes the trap was ready and just in time to, they could hear the motor of the jeep roaring towards the hole.

John and Russell had hidden by the time that the jeep got there. As soon as the jeep hit the leaves over the hole they fell away showing a deep dark hole. But when the jeep fell in to the hole, the little boy who was in the back of the jeep knew that he had to jump out so he did. He missed the edge of the hole and fell in. John had seen the little boy in the back of the car so he ran over to the edge to see if he was still alive. When he got to the edge he saw the boy was hanging on to a stick not far from the top of the hole. John grabbed his hand and pulled him up. And just as the boy got out of the hole the car blew up. A huge ball of fire shot up to the canopy. All of the trees that were above the hole caught on fire and it started to spread. “Hurry up Russell we have to get back to the village,” said John as he ran out of the fire.

After about a day of walking John, Russell and the young boy got back to the village. John and the boy went in to the emperor’s house in the village to plead for him to let John live in the village once more. John came out of the house, and then an hour later the emperor emerged and said,
“Since John saved an animal that we were trying to hunt, I have decided that he will not be welcome back in to the village even though he saved this young boy. One of our best warriors died because we did not have any food to eat that night,” John started to run away. When he got to the edge of the village he turned around and saw that the family of the little boy he had saved was following him. “We are coming with you John,” said the boy. John looked at the boy’s parents and they nodded. He looked behind them and they were lots more people following. The biggest man of the group yelled
“We think you should be able to live in the village again so we are coming with you. We will make our own village far away from here where people will never be kicked out of their homes.”
John was so happy he could not stop smiling.

“I know the best place to make a new village,” said Russell. He took the villagers to the place where the hole was. By now the fire had burnt down and there was now a really big burnt area with a deep hole in the middle of it. John, Russell and the rest of the villagers built a really big city. All of the people lived there for a very long time. After that Russell was never hunted again.

The End

From Sam

1 comment: